Saturday, June 4, 2011

Last Week of Uni

 Friday's theme was what you want to be when you grow up...A drunk Doctor I guees
Last Wednesday


I can't believe I'm done already.  That was the fastest/easiest semester of my college career.  Ditching class, sleeping in, no homework...so thats what its like to scrape by.  The experience was loads of fun, but I am ready to go back to actually caring about school.  Course,  I say all this now, but next semester I'm sure I will be missing the Jordan of this semester.  Guess you have to grow up at some point.

The last Wednesday out was a wonderful night but fairly uneventful.  There were some glasses thrown in the beer garden, one of which nailed a mate in the head.  Luckily the result was just a big bump.  There was also a fight, but I only saw one of the lads get helped out with blood pouring from his forehead.  Kids these days.

Friday was a bit more eventful.  I'm not sure what mixture of alcohol resulted in my behavior, but the concoction should be avoided in the feature.  However, I could also attribute my kleptocracy to Mr. Sam Wade.  For some reason we decided that we just had to have one of the red bull tables from an anonymous bar.  Try number one came as we looked around and saw all the bouncers occupied.  In the blink of an eye the table was thrown over the fence and into the alley.  Step one complete.  Step two was delayed due to the need for a kebab.  As we were passing the bar to go to the alley a bouncer stepped in front of us and went down the alley.  We casually passed only to find him bringing not just ours, but two additional tables back into the beer garden.  I guess great minds think alike.  We should have stopped there, but my parents didn't raise a quitter (but apparently a thief).  Back at the bar we quickly rounded up a crew similar to the one featured in Oceans 11.  The plan: one guy walks into the club from the beer garden with a cigarette to distract the bouncers.  Using the distraction two people throw the table over the fence where myself and Wado wait to grab it and run.  And thats exactly how it went (in my mind).  We grabbed the table and ran down the street, turned into another alley and around a corner to break/celebrate.  Within seconds footsteps and a yell came from down the alley.  I turned to see a shadow approaching and did what any American boy has learned, RUN.  The same lessons aren't taught in Australia.  Wado stayed and talked to the lady explaining that he was sorry and would take the table back.  I was threw 10 yards of thick bushes (which was achieved by a mixture of rolling, falling, jumping, and cursing), two fences, a brick wall, and a back alley by the time the conversation was over.  So in the end we didn't get a new table, but we also didn't get in any trouble.  Good thing I know how to run and Wado knows how to give his ID to someone else so they can't take down his information.  Great Success.  Wollongong you have given me some wonderful nights, but for now my liver needs a break.  Maybe I'll see you one more time before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment