Sunday, April 24, 2011

Big Red

 A horrible idea
The five
Big Red - 45 feet or so

Gainer

 It didn't end well
All four!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-sv19Jo88

Again I must apologize for slacking on my blog.  This week has gone been a blur.

Tuesday.  Tuesday was yet another successful family dinner.  We have had steak, chicken roll-ups, mexican, breakfast, and chicken salad.  This week was pizza.  Delicious.  We had about eight pizzas of different toppings along with pigs in a blanket.  Every one was again stuffed to the brim and happy.  Great for our minds and harsh on our waist lines.

Wednesday.  Oh Wednesday.  The plan: Go to the ABC (Anything But Clothes for the older audiences) held at Ivory.  We dressed up as picnic baskets and did the usual pre-drinking.  Wild Card:  A beer bong was also constructed since we were out getting costumes and drove by the hardware store.  This, in combination of a strong bucket of punch, led to the obliteration of our livers.  One by one beer bongs were done and the bucket o' punch (4 bottles of champagne, bottle of vodka, goon, and juice) soon dwindled down to nothing.  Onto the bus.  First we lost Bee Bee and Connie.  The punch was too much.  Understandable.  We saw them off in a cab and then continued our voyage to Ivory.  Destination reached.  A peek into the window yielded some horrifying news.  The place was dead.  We glanced into each others eyes, shed the costumes ($10 down the drain), and headed to the always reliable Grand.  There the night went on as planned with no need for the purchase of additional drinks.  Anthea can vouch for this comment.  Later on we decided to go to McDonalds.  Gross I know.  However, they have 50 cent ice cream cones.  On the way Izzy cut her foot on some glass (Girls and their heels, they look for any chance to take them off).  What came out of this was probably the longest piggy back ride of all time.  No easy feat when the girl on your back is literally dead weight because she is hammered and not helping out at all.  We made it and the rest of the night was great.

Thursday.  I was hungover and I didn't want to do anything.  This didn't last.  Everyone was forced to go out.  When we got to town my jaw dropped.  Every single bar had about an hour long line out the front.  Apparently everyone in the city of Wollongong decided to go out that night.  We skipped the bars and got kebabs instead, stopped at a house party (where a kid ate the scorpion at the bottom of a tequila bottle), and headed home.  Nothing exciting.

Saturday.  Saturday we again headed to Nowra for a stay with the Jirgens family.  I love that place.  The exact house I want to live in when I'm older with its victorian design and huge garden.  We received the gift of another amazing home made meal, warm bed, and love.

Today I awoke the the best coffee I have had in Australia.  Thanks Margie.  We chilled for a bit then, after some convincing from me, headed to big red.  Its about a 50 foot cliff jump into the big river.  It's about five minutes from their house.  God I want to live there.  The jumps were great.  We did a 27 foot or so jump (little red) and the big red jump.  I over rotated a back flip off the little one and am currently watching the bruise form on my ribs.  I wasn't about to try that off that big one.  I'll post some pictures and a video soon.  It was the perfect end to another good weekend.

Oh wait, I still have two days off (making it a five day weekend).  Didn't I just have a week off?  That's right..... I love Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment