Friday, February 18, 2011

Full Moon Festival

Imagine a world where everyone around you is hammered......and playing with fire.  Welcome to the full moon festival.  A place where any drunk ass hole can ask their fellow drunk fire twirler for a go.  These people were ridiculous.  I witnessed a drunk girl continuously swing two fire balls attached to ropes inches from her face and repeatedly into her legs and arms.  If the fire wasn't enought you could look around for other forms of entertainment.  Choose between people banging on the beach, rhythmic nonsense of random banging of pots and pans, or the classic drunk rain dance.  Needless to say I was in awe of my surroundings. 

Another wonderful attraction I have learned about is Puckeys.  This is the place where old men come to have sex in the woods in the middle of the night.  It is conveniently located right along the path to get to the beach.  Walking past this with even a group of people is, needless to say, scary as hell.  I can't think of any place back home where everyone tells you the there is not question of the impending rape if you happen to wonder into the area.  This is one difference that I hope stays consistent. 

Today is the start of oweek.  The school sponsored orientation of getting fucked up for a week.  Thanks UOW.  I look forward of the stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment