Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Sun

Some good old heat rash

Holy hell...wait, Hell doesn't even describe the heat of this land.  It goes without saying, but I am white as a polar bear.  Down under, I'm as red as a lobster.  Four days in and I have come to find that any spot I miss with my spf 50 sunscreen turns to a rosey red in half an hour.  Damn this skin of mine. 

Yesterday was my first pub experience.  Imagine a boulder basement with people shoulder to shoulder dancing the night away....now take the heat of that basement and multiply it by three.  Like I said, this place is hot.  The bar we were at transformed from a middle of no where vegas joint to a uni get together in about 15 minutes.  The smell of old people and smoke lingered around the joint.  Despite this, greyhound racing is the shit.  Those dogs are bad ass, and betting on them is some serious fun.  Tonight I will get a feel of my second Australian bar, and the next day is the pub crawl where I will see the rest. 

Not only are the Australians awesome down here, but there are a huge amount of international students.  I have met kids from England, Germany, France, Switzerland, Pakistan, Iran, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, Sweden, and Norway amoung others.  The U.S. is lacking some serious international traffic.  These people are so cool and all about their countries.  I can't wait to meet more of them. 

Well the night nears.  We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment