Sunday, February 27, 2011

The other side of the operating room

Yesterday I had the pleasure of accompanying Mr. Jacob Lewis to the ER to get a look at his shin.  For once in my life I was the one in the waiting room.  What a wonderful feeling.  My overall impression: though the healthcare here is free, the facilities are subpar and seem a bit sketchy.  The old cloth seats were stained, everything looks like its from 1980s, and the hospital seemed understaffed.  Thanks America for taking all our money and making our hospitals better. 

Since today is the first day of uni, last night we all took it easy.  This then turned to a stressful evening when we decided to watch 127 Hours.  The movie was amazing, but man was it intense.  Four out of five stars.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.

Welp I'm off to this go to some thing called school.  Haven't seen anything like it since December 13th.  This is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment