Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I thought they spoke English in Australia

In preparation for the second family dinner (which went swimmingly and included a chocolate fountain) Jacob and myself made a trip to the local liquor store.  We were on a search for some cheap wine to complete the meal.  We stumbled on a wonderful sauvignon blanc at $5 a bottle.....we bought eight.  I mean come on.  It's not like we had a choice.  It was $5.  As we approached the counter a older woman who looked like she could outdrink me....and five other men came to ring us up.  She spoke to us for about five minutes telling us a story about the wine.  I can tell you that she drank it with her mother once.  That's it.  This woman spoke like a drunk Scottsman and looked like one too.  We walked out of that place and looked right at each other.
Jordan:  What the hell did she just say?
 Jacob:  She drank some wine with her mom once.
Jordan:  Yeah that's all I got too.

At least the wine was cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment