Monday, March 14, 2011

The Talented Show (that makes everyone with little talent feel like crap)

With a time update every three minutes, the open mic finally arrived.  No more wingeing and crying about how they didn't want to play for Wado and Anthea.  As we all piled into the games room I glanced over at their faces where I saw their hope of a small crowd fade away.  Sure it wasn't a show, but there were at least 35 people; enough to make me shit my pants and run home.  The show started with a mix between some real talent and some American Idol awkward interview performances.  Wado took the stage as the second to last act.  As soon as that boy opened his mouth about 20 girls went weak in the knees....along with Jacob and myself.  Thanks for showing me the quickest way into a girls heart buddy.  Anthea followed and managed to cause the reaction of "holy shit that girl is amazing" with a sore throat (though she literally had 60 cough drops that day).  The two ended the show with a duet that warranted no less than fireworks.  This was only topped by Anthea sprinting out of the building as if it was on fire.  I have no idea why that happened.  You guys were  lovely and I felt your performance warranted its own post.  Congrats and I cant wait for the big gig at the uni bar.  For anyone that's interested here is Ant's link again.  http://www.triplejunearthed.com/AntheaJirgens
Hopefully I'll get the wonderful Wado on here someday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan! I'm really enjoying your blog... I wish I was there with you cause it sounds like a ton of fun. Keep writing and remember that Auntie LJ loves you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete