Thursday, March 10, 2011

A new family

Toga Night (had to fit the pictures in somewhere)




I just want to give a shout out to everyone that is making this such a life changing experience.

After another rough night at the Grand, I woke up feeling well...hungover as hell.  My throat hurt, my head throbbed, and my nuts were sore (pg-13 rated blog).  I had homework, laundry, and a lab to go to.  The day wasn't looking so hot.  I had about three hours before I had to go to class so I decided to round up Sarah (Jew Jew) and Bianca (Bee Bee) and head to the beach.  Best decision of my life.  It was a cloudy day that left a musty feeling in the air.  Not your typical beach day.  We got to the beach, laid out for a bit, then I decided I could stew in my own sweat no more and had to get into the water.  I chided the girls to come, which they reluctantly obliged.  As soon as the water crept over my pale feet my skin was flooded with goosebumps.  I consciously waded into the water hating myself for what I had done to my body the night before.  As I submerged, I looked back in disgust at the two lovely ladies still standing with only their feet in the water.  I returned to the beach citing that the water wasn't that bad (lie).  Finally, they joined and the fun began.  All our hangovers instantly disappeared as we laughed, sang, treaded water, watched the mermaid (merman!), and whatever other childish things we could think of.  However gay that sounds, It was literally one of the best times I have had at the beach.  We were in the water for an hour and loved every minuted of it.  All my worries went away and I focused on nothing but staying afloat.  We were the three best friends that anyone could have.  Thanks for the wonderful time.

The day only got better when I looked down at a text I got in my biochem lab.  "We just got steak, salad and wine for tonight.  Hope you're hungry."  Well hell yes.  Thanks Jacob and crew.  You're damn right I got off that bus and B-lined right to self-catered.  There I was greeted with half a cow waiting for the evening.  Everyone pitched in and there was a massive "fuck off" cooking sesh (in Anthea language).  This is when family dinner was born.  When we all sat down for that meal, there was nothing but smiles and drool.  I looked around the table.  There was Bianca, Sarah, Wado, Schultzy, Connie, Jacob, Anthea, and myself.  A new family.  A tear rolled down my cheek as I knew my one man wolf pack had grown to eight.  No that never happened but the meal was amazing and we all had heaps of fun.  Looking forward to the next family dinner.  Thanks again everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be there with you. I'm so jeal and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete